1. bumped or shaken jerkily; "the jolted passengers"
2. disturbed psychologically as if by a physical jolt or shock; "retrieved his named from her jolted memory"; "the accident left her badly shaken"
1. a sudden impact; "the door closed with a jolt"
(synonym) jar, jounce
(hypernym) bump, blow
2. an abrupt spasmodic movement
(synonym) jerk, jerking
(hypernym) motion, movement, move, motility
1. move or cause to move with a sudden jerky motion
(derivation) jerk, jerking
2. disturb (someone's) composure; "The audience was jolted by the play"
(hypernym) disturb, upset, trouble