1. rolled or coiled together; "a convoluted shell"
2. highly involved or intricate; "the Byzantine tax structure"; "convoluted legal language"; "convoluted reasoning"; "intricate needlework"; "an intricate labyrinth of refined phraseology"; "the plot was too involved"; "a knotty problem"; "got his way by labyrinthine maneuvering"; "Oh, what a tangled web we weave"- Sir Walter Scott; "tortuous legal procedures"; "tortuous negotiations lasting for months"
(synonym) Byzantine, intricate, involved, knotty, labyrinthine, tangled, tortuous
1. curl, wind, or twist together
(hypernym) flex, bend, deform, twist, turn
2. practice sophistry; change the meaning of or be vague about in order to mislead or deceive
(synonym) twist, twist around, pervert, sophisticate
(hypernym) denote, refer
1. rolled longitudinally upon itself; "a convolute petal"
(classification) botany, phytology